MEETINGS, INCENTIVES, CONFERENCES & EVENTS (MICE)
Takims Holidays prides itself on being a Destination Management Company (DMC) with over 65 years of experience in tour operations in Tanzania and Zanzibar. We have a far reaching network of experts around Tanzania and Zanzibar and our established infrastructure allows us to cater to groups ranging from small special interest tours of 20 pax to large conferences of 300 pax or more and incentive travel groups of all sizes.
Out network of offices, guides, transport infrastructure, management expertise and negotiating / buying power allows us to provide tailored solutions to each request, while ensuring great value for our clients. Our priority is to ensure detailed planning and price negotiations, careful venue selection, site inspections and perfectly timed operational logistics. Most importantly, we have a team of experienced project managers and tour escorts who are able to ensure each trip is executed flawlessly.
From the bush to the beach; take a look below for some inspiration on the endless possibilities for MICE buyers when planning a once in a lifetime experience in Tanzania.
The region is blessed with two fantastic golf courses, one being in Arusha and the second in Zanzibar. This provides a great opportunity to mix golfing tours with a wildlife safari and beach retreat.
The Kilimanjaro Golf and Wildlife Estate is a 18-hole championship golf course in Arusha, close to the major safari national parks including Lake Manyara, Tarangire, Ngorongoro and Serengeti. All the holes at this golf course are built to USGA specification; the accepted standard for high quality surfaces throughout the world. Enjoy views of Mt Kilimanjaro and watch various wildlife and bird life in the area.
Seacliff Golf is a first on the island of Zanzibar and provides a great golfing experience set in a fantastic resort setting. The course meanders through tropical bush landscape with gigantic mango trees and palms, borders on a beautiful mangrove swamp, and even contains a stunning coastal low dunes landscape along the ocean on a couple of holes.
Special Interest Groups
As a Tanzania based DMC and destination expert, we are able to design tailor made itineraries with a specific focus including:
- Wildlife Photography Tours.
- Historical Tours.
- Ecology Tours (marine ecology, biodiversity).
- Bird Watching Tours for those ornithological enthusiasts.
- Hiking and Cycling Tours.
- Scuba Diving Tours (for those who are PADI certified or for those who wish to get PADI certified). Explore the rich marine life that lays below the Indian Ocean off the very long Swahili coast of Tanzania.
- Educational Tours / School study tours / Business School immersion trips / University field trips that can be customized to focus on specific subject matters while ensuring exposure to the local context. Guest speakers and interactive meetings can be arranged from various industry sectors to ensure a fair representation of emerging market activity with success stories from both home-grown and global companies. Cultural visits and additional excursions can be arranged to ensure a lasting memorable yet educational experience.
Culinary & Gastronomy
Culinary tourism is typically blended into a wildlife safari or stay on the coastal areas of Tanzania and Zanzibar, with special meal experiences along the way. Food plays a major role in our lives and there is no better way to enjoy the local culinary delights than through our secret selection of venues. We are able to tailor itineraries to ensure you can experience the following:
- Fresh farm to fork produce
- Locally grown and sourced organic vegetables, fruits and coffee
- Learn about the various Zanzibari spices that are used in East African cuisine
- Authentic Tanzanian Foods with a fusion of various international influences
- Fresh and organic ingredients
- Experiences range from gourmet to traditional meals in a local village
- Special dietary requirements (including vegan, pescatarian), allergies and faith based restrictions are all taken into consideration to ensure memorable culinary experiences
- Beach themed weddings
- Safari themed wedding in remote locations
- With every detail accounted for, we are able to assist in creating themes, arranging photography and videography, hosting private events and catering, DJ and music, master of ceremonies and all the additional details that go into planning such a special day.
Cruise Ships Shore Excursions
Takims Holidays have been working with various cruise ships in the Indian Ocean region for over a decade, arranging shore excursions as well as pre and post tour extensions to various regions around Tanzania and Zanzibar. We have a track record of working with cruise ships at various ports in Tanzania including Dar es Salaam and Zanzibar as well as more remote, adventure locations including Mafia Island, Kilwa and Mtwara. We understand the very tight timelines involved in cruise ship logistics and we therefore have a dedicated team of planners and guides who are specialists in the following:
- Shore excursions
- Turnaround services
- Hotel accommodation
- Airport / port transfers
- Port documentation and logistics liaison
We are blessed to be working in an exotic destination where we have a wide array of options available in order to design once in a life time experiences for incentive groups. Some of our exclusive activities are available specifically to incentive clients only, making them unique, private and rarely experienced by others. Below are only a few of the many experiences we can provide:
- Gala dinners and themed evenings
- Traditional Tanzanian musical entertainment
- Unique dining experiences - private bush meals / private sandbanks
- Private mobile camp accommodation in exclusive safari settings
- Spouse activity planning and arrangements
- Soft adventure activities
- Hot air balloon safaris
- Cultural interactions
- Locally made customized gifts
Takims Holidays have a proven track record of hosting a large number of corporate events across different industries. We are renowned for delivering exceptional events with a zero-defect project management approach, due to our meticulous and detail-oriented planning.
MEETINGS / Board meetings / executive retreats / CONFERENCES
From Boma to Boardroom, Takims Holidays is able to plan important corporate events with utmost professionalism and detail.
- Board meetings: Private setups in remote locations can ensure no distractions to important board meetings, allowing our guests to focus on what really matters: Important decisions, growth and strategy.
- Conferencing under canvas: Enjoy a sharing of ideas in a variety of conference formats including theatre, classroom, U-shaped, boardroom, banquet or any other preferred style. Conferences in Tanzania allow for productivity as well as adventure in locations overlooking the Ngorongoro Crater to pristine beaches in Zanzibar.
- Executive retreats
As a leading inbound tour operator, Takims Holidays can ensure all components are taken care of including but not limited to accommodation, executive transport and logistics, hospitality desks, additional security, health and safety precautions, technical equipment and IT support so that our corporate guests can focus on productivity and enjoyment.
Whether your clients want to experience a luxury safari at the Four Seasons Safari Lodge in the Serengeti or enjoy team building activities on a private sandbank in Zanzibar; Takims Holidays has the resources and creative ability to design the right MICE programs to assist buyers in providing the best solutions.